Should you wish to apply to become a volunteer of Living Life Counselling, please return the following:
- A completed application form
- A current CV
Once we have received the above we will review your application and make contact with you as soon as possible. All candidates are interviewed by our clinical manager and once references and garda vetting is complete and the candidate is deemed suitable, new volunteers are required to attend an orientation to our services before they are assigned clients. In our experience this whole process can take a minimum of eight weeks.
- Have received a qualification from an accredited course of a professional body e.g. IACP, IAHIP, Addiction Counsellors Ireland, etc.
- Be prepared to abide by the Code of Ethics of Living Life Counselling in addition to their own accrediting body.
- Be in receipt of clinical supervision appropriate to their level of experience and client load as per their accrediting body.
- Have insurance cover in place.
- Be prepared to offer a minimum of 3 client contact hours a week.
- Be willing to participate in the Centres recruitment procedures with regard to interview, reference checking and Garda clearance.
- Be supportive of the mission of Living Life.
We have a small number of volunteers who are students; however our capacity to support applicants in this category is limited. Before commencing with Living Life Counselling, student candidates must provide a letter from their training body confirming their readiness for the work and the presence of insurance cover. If you have any questions about becoming a volunteer, or need further clarification on our eligibility criteria, please contact our Bray office on +353 1 286 6729.
If you think you have time to give we would like to hear from you.
To apply to be a volunteer:
- Board director
- Fundraiser, HR, legal, accounting professional
- Admin, reception or support staff
Please submit a covering letter describing why you are interested in volunteering with Living Life Counselling and how much time you have available along with a copy of your CV to:
Chief Executive Officer
Living Life Counselling