Our Volunteer Counsellors
At Living Life Counselling we have 83 volunteer counsellors who come from a range of disciplines and perspectives, providing a professional service to 240 adults, children and couples across our two centres in Bray and Arklow. Most of our counsellors are qualified and are working towards their accreditation , or they are already qualified and accredited. We also have a number of student counsellors who are working towards completing their qualification.
All our volunteer counsellors are required to:
- Have received training from an institute or school where the courses are recognised and the graduates are accredited with one of the recognised accrediting bodies e.g. IACP, IAHIP, etc. and where participation in personal counselling or therapy was a course requirement.
- Be supportive of the mission of Living Life Counselling.
- Be prepared to abide by the Code of Ethics of Living Life Counselling in addition to their own accrediting body’s code of ethics.
- Be in receipt of clinical supervision appropriate to their level of experience and client load as recommended by their accrediting body.
- Have adequate insurance cover which is appropriate and current.
- Be willing to participate in the Centre’s recruitment procedures with regard to interview, reference checking and Garda clearance.
- Be prepared to offer 3 client contact hours a week.